Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ode to the Profs.

School has begun. It is only by God's determination and grace that I am able to spend this school year at BBC. I will write about that series of provincial events later but for now I'm going to begin a memoir of my classroom experience focusing on the gems of wisdom that fall from the mouths of my mentors. Each day of class I will add a quote from one of my profs. and see at the end what treasure I have gained! Hope you enjoy "Ode to the Profs."!

August 25th- "Science is trying to understand the world around us objectively as possible, knowing we can't be fully objective."
"Giga's big Mega too! Kilo, hecto, deka through; deci, centi, milli are small. Micro, nano and that's ALL!" (sung to the tune of Barney's 'I Love you, you love me."
~Doc Palmer~

26th- While calling the role: Andrew H. Andrew H? Andrew's not here?" *Pause* "One more out of the book of life."
~Schlegoel~ (who else)

27th- "Homework is like sand in a clam---it can produce a pearl, but only after great irritation."

No comments:

Post a Comment